We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information about your visits to and use of this website.
- (b) information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- We may collect, store and use non-personal data about your visits to and use of this website.
(2) Information about website visits
- We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
- We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website, and to personalize our website for you.
- We may use anonymous cookies to record non-personal information such as website activity, date and time of visit, and domain type. We may use this information for retargeting purposes.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
- (a) improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website.
- (b) send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology.
- (c) send to you marketing communications relating to our business by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology.
- (d) provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
(4) Using your non-personal data
(5) Other disclosures
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
(6) Security of your personal data
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
- It is possible that Electronic Communications may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated between you and Omnilert using the Internet, other network communications facilities, telephone or any other electronic means. All transfer of personal information on Omnilert.com and Omnilert.net is secured by encrypted user names and passwords, and the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. SSL prohibits other web users from gaining access to your personal information, and to help protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of your information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. Omnilert may also store Your login or password information for any third party applications You denote as endpoints. These may include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Alertus, BRG Precision Products, Dynasign, Exhibio, Inova Solutions, MagicBox, SpectraRep and Visix. This information is encrypted for security and is used solely to provide a connection between our products and the third party application and will not be shared with any entity other than the third party in question.
- You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential.
- Omnilert will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. Moreover, we require children to use Omnilert system only with the permission of and in conjunction with a responsible adult, i.e., a parent or guardian.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Third party websites
- The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.