Happy New Year Omnilerters!
The new year is upon us and we hope you take a moment to reflect upon your successes last year.
For most people, this week is the official launch of many New Years resolutions. Exercise more, eat a healthier diet, lose the 10 lbs accumulated during the holiday season, spend more time with family, and so on.
Have you had a chance to consider your emergency communications goals?
If you are running short on possible resolutions or goals to achieve this year, may we humbly suggest the following emergency communication-related items:
- Review, or create an Emergency Action Plan.
- Review and test your Emergency Notification System (ENS ) operability and procedures.
- Train your ENS administrators.
- Work to increase the adoption rate for the ENS on your campus or business.
- Incorporate more Social Media channels for alerts involving the public.
- Maintain an open line of communication with your ENS vendor.
- Avoid message saturation by sending fewer non-critical messages.
- Pre-plan communication scenarios for possible events.
- Increase your ENS coverage by utilizing the multiple-modality interfaces available to you.
We wish everyone a safe and happy 2015!